Friday, May 6, 2011

Strategies to more effectively teach in the ambulatory clinic



Here's a grand rounds I gave this week for the OHSU Department of Neurology on some tips I've found useful for teaching in clinic. We go over barriers to teaching in clinic, and some strategies to overcome those barriers. Our clinics are set up so that students spend roughly a half-day with each provider over the course of a week which gives some background to our unique issues. I do feel many of these points are useful in many settings. I do briefly discuss the 'One Minute Preceptor' toward the end, and I realized I didn't reference the paper in this talk. That original paper is - Naher, et. al. J Am Board Fam Pract. 1992 Jul-Aug;5(4):419-24.

Feel free to leave comments below on idea you have used to improve your effectiveness while teaching in ambulatory clinic setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment